Monday, April 5, 2010

Next year in Jerusalem...




It is fitting that Komen is taking the Race for the Cure to Jerusalem for the first time this October 28. Imagine ending the race outside the Old City walls with the sun setting on all the Jerusalem stone. I picture Zubin Mehta conducting a mixed Israeli-Palestinian orchestra as the finale on the Mount of Olives - breathtaking. Anyway, my dear friend Reena Ninan - Fox correspondent in Jerusalem - and Dudi - our cameraman extraordinaire, covered my bases on Sunday - leaving prayer notes in the Holy Sepulchre (takes my breath away that it was on Easter Sunday) and in crevice at the Western Wall. The indoor photos were in the Sepulchre built by St. Helena above Golgotha (where the tomb was found and excavated). The outdoor light was at the Western Wall (the remnants of Solomon's Temple). Of course, the notes were pink. Gives me chills to be honest.