Friday, March 5, 2010

The View from the Chair last Friday

As I was having what I thought would be my last chemo administered last Friday, this was the view from my hospital Laz-E-Boy as I was hooked up to the chemo drip. Suddenly the sweetest violin sound from behind the curtain separating me from the next patient. Then the serenader, a violinist, appeared. He looked something like Roberto Benini with his elfish grin and a weepy violin that was so sweet that it brought tears to our eyes, especially when he played "Lord of the Dance," which, of course, was played at my Dad's funeral. "Dance dance wherever you may be..." The sound from the chair was at once beautiful and wrenching and matched the feeling of chemicals running directly into our veins.

Here is the video link for you to see for yourself:
http://gallery.me.com/jgriffin15#100065