Tuesday, August 24, 2010

P4





Attended a classified Commander's brief this morning at 7:30 am. In a few hours sitdown with General Petraeus (whose local nickname is P4, McChrystal was M4). Part I of our interview will air tonight at 6 pm Eastern on Special Report with Bret Baier. Part II will run tomorrow at the same time. Tomorrow we do a "battlefield" circulation with the General and see Navy Seals training Afghan commandos and attend of shura of Afghan elders. All I want is some Kabuli Pulau (local rice dish), but it's Ramadan so I'll have to wait until Iftar at sunset. I can already taste it. Akbar (our local fixer who you saw me standing next to in the picture at the airport has asked his sister to make some Pulau for our team tonight (Justin Fishel, Eric Conners, and Bryan Cole, who by the way gave up a trip to Martha's Vineyard with the CINC to come with us). Typical Afghan hospitality. Stay tuned!
P.S. This is what General Petraeus is reading these days: